See Construction Progress
Timeline of Events Leading Up to Today
- June 1998 - The Ogle County Long Range Planning Committee was established and developed a twenty-five year plan for capital improvements, focusing on the Judicial System.
- December 1998 - Ogle County Board adopts two resolutions, creating a Solid Waste Fund and Long Range Planning Fund, to earmark funds for capital improvement to Ogle County facilities according to a plan being developed by the Long Range Planning Committee.
- July 2000 - The Ogle County Board approves a five stage facilities plan recommended by the Long Range Planning Committee, focusing on the Judicial system, with a new Judicial Center as Stage Two, and capped by Stage Five, a new Ogle County jail facility within twenty to twenty-five years.
- August 2005 – Completing Stage Two, the new Ogle County Judicial Center is opened after nineteen-month construction project.
- August 2016 - The Ogle County Long Range Planning Committee and Board approved the hiring of HOK Architects to develop an Ogle County Project Needs Assessment Study.
- November 2017 - The Ogle County Long Range Planning Committee and Board approved the hiring of HOK Architects to develop the Schematic Design for the Ogle County Judicial Center Annex project.
- January 2018 – The Ogle County Long Range Planning Committee and Board approved the hiring of Gilbane Building Company as the Construction Manager for the project.
- July 2018 - The Ogle County Long Range Planning Committee and Board approved Schematic Design and approved HOK to move forward with the Design and Development plans for the Ogle County Judicial Center Annex project.
- September 2018 - The Ogle County Long Range Planning Committee and Board approved to accept Design and Development of the Ogle County Judicial Center Annex and authorized to move forward to Construction Documents and Solicitation of Construction Bids.
- February 2019 - The Ogle County Long Range Planning Committee and the Board approved construction bids for construction of the new Ogle County Judicial Center Annex.
As the capstone project of a five-stage Long Range Plan, the new Ogle County Judicial Center Annex will be 42,000 SF, 154-bed adult inmate detention facility consisting of multiple housing blocks utilizing direct supervision methods for both males and females in custody. Areas included within the building are public waiting & visitation, video visitation, facility administration, holding and intake, medical, kitchen, laundry, inmate property storage, and a vehicular sally port. A corridor will connect the existing Judicial Center to the new sally port, allowing for secure transfer of inmates into the holding cells and courts using the same intake system designed for the Judicial Center in 2002. Gilbane Building Company is providing construction management services on this project and completion is set for November 2020.
Ogle County Jail Planning Process Brochure