Under Illinois State Law (410 ILCS 535-Vital Records Act) only specific individuals have legal access to birth, death, or marriage/civil union licenses. The Ogle County Clerk’s Office will issue certificates to authorized individuals only. To do otherwise is a violation of Illinois Law. Vital Records are not considered public information, nor are they subject to the Freedom of Information Act.
Please note: Absolutely no information can be given over the telephone regarding Vital Records.
To obtain a certified copy of a Marriage/Civil Union Application or License:
- Only the Bride or Groom, or partners in a civil union may obtain a certified copy of a Marriage/Civil Union Application.
- Anyone is allowed to request a certified copy of a Marriage/Civil Union License.
- $22 for first copy, $4 each additional copy of the same Marriage/Civil Union Application or License.
Requests in Person
- Requests made in the office can be paid by cash or check
- Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (except for county holidays).
- $22 for first copy, $4 for each additional copy of the same Marriage/Civil Union Application or License.
Requests by Mail
All mail requests must include a signed application, proper payment and self-addressed stamped envelope.
Vital Records Application (Online Payment) – No Refunds
- Read the following steps then visit the Illinois E-Pay website.
- Click on the type of vital record you are requesting from the list at the bottom of the page.
- Complete the required information on the screens that follow. You will receive a confirmation number once the transaction is successful.
- Note: Print the confirmation page and follow step 5 and 6 to complete your order.
- Place a copy of both sides of your photo identification (example: a driver’s license or state-issued ID card) which displays your signature on the confirmation page or any piece of paper with the confirmation number, and make a photocopy.
- Sign, date, and fax the document to the Ogle County Clerk at (815) 732-3477 or scan it and e-mail email@example.com – Available October 1, 2013
IN ORDER FOR YOUR REQUEST TO BE COMPLETED, ALL REQUIRED INFORMATION MUST BE SUPPLIED AND THE EMAIL OR FAX LEGIBLE.
- Required information includes: valid photo identification, required documentation, and the confirmation page. You will receive a confirmation number from E-Pay for your records verifying your transaction was successful.
- If your follow-up confirmation is received after 2:30 pm, your request will be processed and mailed the following business day.
- You can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to verify a request for genealogical purposes only. You must submit the following information – name of person – name of event – place of event – date (or 10 year span to search). These will be answered as time permits.
- There is a convenience fee of $1.75 for each transaction. This fee is not charged by the Ogle County Clerk.