- Ensure safe, potable(drinkable) water by protecting our water sources from contamination.
- Prevent disease and nuisances by eliminating improperly treated sewage.
The Ogle County Health Department is responsible for the enforcement of regulations governing the installation of private well and sewage systems in Ogle County. Environmental staff provide the following services in an effort to support these goals:
- Review plans and issue permits for private wells,
- Ensure proper sealing of abandoned wells
- Inspect new or repaired water well systems
- Sample and monitor non-community water supply systems
- Sample private water wells
- Review plans and issue permits for private septic systems
- Inspect new or repaired private septic systems
- Review subdivision plans/plats for well/septic development
- Inspect/License Sewage Pumpers & License Sewage
- Administer Sewage Contractor & Pumper Licensing exams
- Investigate complaints
Environmental staff are trained to assess, resolve and communicate environmental risks to the public.
They are available to assist in the planning process and can also direct you to other resources as appropriate.