Adult Mission Statement

The mission of the Adult Division of the Ogle County Probation Department is to promote a safer community by intervening in the lives of offenders, holding them accountable, and serving as a catalyst for positive change.

Through a balance of enforcement and treatment strategies, we hold them accountable and afford them opportunities to become productive, law abiding citizens.

Integrity, fairness and honesty guide our dealing with others. As leaders in our field and in the community, our decisions are proactive, grounded in our mission, and guided by experience, research and program evaluation.

Frequently Asked Questions

1.  What information will the probation officer require at my appointments?

Current pay stub or proof of unemployment/Social Security Verification of resident (i.e. mail with recent postmark).  Proof of any treatment, public service work done or payments made to the Court

2.  What are the rules of reporting to my probation officer?

You must report on the day and time your probation officer tells you.  If you have any emergency or illness that prevents you from keeping your appointment, call and speak directly to your probation officer.

3.  What do I do if I am arrested while on probation?

If you are arrested, charged with any offense or have any police contact, contact your probation officer immediately.

4.  Who do I pay my fines, costs and/or restitution to?

Payments of cash can be in person at the Circuit Clerk’s Office on the second floor of the Judicial Center.  If paying by money order or cashier’s check, please make them payable to the Ogle County Circuit Clerk.  Money orders and cashier’s checks can be paid in person or sent via mail to the Circuit Clerk’s Office or to your probation officer.  Please note that the Ogle County Circuit Clerk’s Office does not accept personal checks or credit/debit cards at this time.

5.  How do I get information regarding Ogle County Drug Court (New Horizons)?

Click Here for Drug Court Information

6.  How do I contact the public defender’s office in Ogle County?

Ogle County does not have a telephone number associated with the Judicial Center for the public defender’s office.  If you have been appointed a public defender, you must call the specific attorney at their private office.  A list of the four most often appointed attorneys is below:

Kathleen Isley – (815) 732-0351
Michael O’Brien – (815) 732-6124
Dennis Riley – (815) 732-7444

7.  How do I get my driver’s license back after suspension or revocation?

Whether you are on probation or not, you will need to contact the Illinois Secretary of State’s Office or any attorney to obtain information about the procedure to follow to get your driver’s license back.

8.  How do I contact parole after being released from the Illinois department of Corrections?

In Illinois, Parole and Probation are separate departments.  Therefore, you will need to contact parole directly.  The two local numbers for parole are listed below:

Dixon – (815) 288-4494
Rockford – (815) 987-7416

9.  Where do I get information regarding the Deferred prosecution Program offered in Ogle County if I am charged with underage drinking?

You will need to contact the Ogle County State’s Attorney’s Office at (815) 732-1170