OGLE COUNTY RECYCLING STATIONS
These recycling stations are provided for you by the Ogle County Solid Waste Management Department. They are intended for the use of Ogle County residents who either do not have recycling service available in their area or wish to recycle a wider variety of materials than is accepted by the curbside recycling service. For more information, please contact the Ogle County Solid
Waste Management Department, 909 Pines Road, Oregon, 732-4020.
- Forreston: South Ash Street, 1/2 block south of Main Street (IL Rt. 72), two blocks east of IL Rt. 26 (near Public Works Department).
- Monroe Center: Mulford Road and the railroad crossing, north side. Take IL Rt. 72 to Mulford Road, go south 3-1/2 blocks, turn west along railroad.
- Oregon: Ogle County Farm Bureau parking lot (421 W. Pines Road). Take IL Rt. 2 south to Pines Road, west. Go about 1/2 mile, Farm Bureau is on the south side.
- Rochelle: Big R parking lot (1240 N. 7th Street). IL Rt. 251, about 1/2 mile north of IL. Rt. 38, on west side of street.
- Byron: Byron Forest Preserve, Stone Quarry parking lot, 6845 N. German Church Road. Open day-light hours only.
- Davis Junction: Located at the Orchard Hills Landfill, 8290 Highway 251, Davis Junction, Illinois. *The Orchard Hills Landfill Recycling Site service is provided by Veolia Orchard Hills Landfill.
- Polo: Located at the corner of Franklin and Locust Streets, north of Olsen’s Grain Elevator. *The Polo Recycling Site service is being provided by Moring Disposal, Inc. Use of the parking lot is being provided by Buffalo Township. The Ogle County Solid Waste Management Department is providing the sign and promotion of this program.
IS RECYCLING ENOUGH?
We must now take the next step!
Recycling material instead of landfilling them is only half of the job. We must now look to buying recycled products. By helping create a market for recycled products, we ensure that recycling works! A package label will usually identify whether the product or packaging material is made of recycled materials. Read the labels!
What can be recycled at our county drop-off sites? Drop-off Recycling Instructions – PDF